If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided below.
Who Are We?
Alacer Software Limited is a company incorporated in England with company registration number 05402052. Our registered office address is:
Alacer Software Limited
Buckingway Business Park
We have an appointed Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted in relation to any queries regarding this policy:
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by telephone on 01954 269398
- by post at the address above
Our Data Protection Register number is ZA344499 and the full register can be found here.
Assessing the need for CCTV at our premises
Before installing the CCTV we carried out a privacy impact assessment to ensure we were balancing our need for CCTV with the impact on your privacy.
Why have we installed CCTV?
We have installed CCTV to:
- Protect all users of and visitors to our premises, increasing personal safety and reducing fear of crime
- Protect Alacer's premises and assets and those of other users of and visitors to our premises
- Assist the Police in reducing and detecting crime
- Identify, apprehend and prosecute offenders
- Dealing with any queries, complaints or enquiries
- Ensuring that our policies and procedures are being adhered to
- Assist in any investigations or any disciplinary or grievance issue
- Monitor the security of our premises
- Monitor adherence to health and safety provisions and policies
- Support the enforcement of parking restrictions and deter unauthorised use of designated private parking bays
As well as being the purposes for which we use your personal information, all of the above are also legitimate reasons for us to use and store personal data
How we process your data
Any information captured by CCTV will be stored in a restricted area and viewed only by our Company Officers, DPO and specifically authorised colleagues in connection with the objectives above.
All CCTV is maintained and overseen by our DPO. They are responsible for carrying out compliance audits and reviewing the need for CCTV.
Where we capture your personal data using CCTV we will let you know by using signage explaining who to contact about the CCTV and where to find the relevant privacy notice.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We do not disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent except when necessary in relation to:
- Dealing with complaints, disciplinary and grievance investigations, breaches of our procedures and policies (usually by providing such information to your employer in the case of non-Alacer colleagues or your leader in the case of Alacer colleagues)
- Protecting against crime (usually by providing such information to the authorities or a reputable information reporting organisation)
- Supporting enforcement of parking restrictions by providing supporting evidence to a reputable parking enforcement agent
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Measures to keep your data safe
We employ appropriate technical and organisational measures to help protect your personal data against loss and unauthorised access. We regularly review our security policies and procedures to ensure our systems are secure and protected.
The CCTV at our offices operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Images captured by CCTV may be monitored and recorded and are kept for up to ninety days after the recording was made. After this time, recordings stored on the hard drive of our CCTV system will usually be overwritten.
Your rights as a data subject
You have the right to view any personal data recorded by our CCTV. We may take time though to redact the personal data of anyone else on the recordings. We will first give you the opportunity to view the recordings that have been identified. We may be able to supply you with a copy of the recording unless that isn’t technically possible or to do so puts us to disproportionate effort.
It is a criminal offence to misuse CCTV.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the erasure of your personal information in certain limited circumstances
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information where certain requirements are met
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information
- The right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to object to certain automated decision making processes using your personal information.
Please note that some of these rights to object have specific requirements and exemptions which apply to them and they may not apply to personal information recorded and stored in our CCTV system.
Should you wish to discuss a complaint, please feel free to contact us using the details provided above. All complaints will be treated in a confidential manner.
Should you feel unsatisfied with our handling of your data, or about any complaint that you have made to us about our handling of your data, you are entitled to escalate your complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). Contact information for the ICO can be found here.
Where can you get further information?